Today we went to get some inspiration for our own garden at Schlieber Herb & Permaculture Garden.
The family who own this amazing space started in 2004, and after ten years – it looks fantastic! I can only hope our garden can become half of what they have achieved in the next ten years!
Above is a video of the garden as we were walking through.
Some ideas taken away from this:
- Plant some flowers on top of the tomatoes to provide shade to the lower plants.
- A few plants aren’t enough – we need to use all of the grass we have to produce produce!
- Bees are really super important – so we need to plant lots of plants that bees love (see: plants for bees)
- I need to read up on companion planting – what works well planted next to each other.
- The berries tasted awesome – we need berries in our garden!
- We should fill the gaps in our stone wall with lavender and thyme etc.
- we need a green house!